The Mission of the Education Service Center, Region 2 Science Department is to provide services that build teacher, campus, and district capacity to teach the Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills (TEKS) and prepares all students for success.
We are available to provide on-site support and coaching that focuses on curriculum, assessment, and instruction. We can customize on site professional development that can meet your district’s unique needs.
ESC-2 Science consultants provide professional development and support for the following topics:
- TEKS Resource System
- Instructional Planning
- STAAR Science/Biology EOC Support
- Understanding Science TEKS
- Effective Questioning Strategies
- Science Process Skills
- Formative Assessments
- Interactive Science Notebooks
- Integrating Technology in the Science Classroom
- Effective Instructional Practices
- Data Analysis